Visiting a dermatologist is the best way to get yourself on the right track to healthy skin. For most people, just soap and water isn’t enough to keep your skin as healthy and clear as it could be. By working with a dermatologist, you can find out more about your personal skin needs and get preventative checks for conditions like rosacea.
Taking a trip to the dermatologist isn’t quite the same as going to the doctor or the dentist. Since most people don’t think as often about the health needs of their skin, it can be hard to think about what to ask your dermatologist when you see them. To get the most out of your visit, you should come equipped with a list of questions that will help you learn more about your personal skincare and the products you can use to boost the quality of your skin.
Here are some questions you might consider asking to get a better understanding of your own skin and how to take care of it:
- Are my daily hygiene routines working for my skin? From people who stick to soap and water washing in the morning to those that collect skin treatment masks like they’re going out of style, we could all use a little professional guidance to improve our cleanse routines. Make a list of your skincare habits and what products you use and share it with your dermatologist. Together, you can assess your habits and decide what changes can be made to improve the healthiness of your skin.
- Do I have any moles that look concerning? This is especially important to ask if you’ve personally seen changes in any of your moles or the appearance of new moles on your body. Have your dermatologist examine any moles that might be cause for suspicion. Preventative checks like this are a key part of early detection of skin conditions like melanoma.
- What type of sunscreen is best for my skin? When summer comes around, many people pick the SPF level of their sunscreen on a whim, but sunscreen isn’t just for preventing sunburn. Reducing your skin’s exposure to UVA rays is crucial to preventing skin cancer and aging. Your dermatologist will be your greatest resource for finding sunscreen options that will give you the best protection. They can also provide vital information on how to reduce your sun exposure while outside for extended periods of time.
- What is causing my acne and breakouts? People of all ages can develop acne. Factors like age, diet, environment and changes in hormonal levels can all cause breakouts. Your dermatologist can help you determine which factors are causing your acne through questions and examinations. By considering all the potential causes, you and your dermatologist can develop a plan of action to tackle your breakouts to reduce their effects and prevent them in the future.
- What products are best for my skin? Your dermatologist is the best person to consult when building a roadmap to achieving beautiful skin. They have the inside info on the best skincare products available on the market as well as access to prescription topicals and treatments that can help you get the results you want. By determining your personal skincare needs through examinations and proper questioning, your dermatologist can provide a list of treatments and products that will get you closer to healthy skin.
Whether you’re looking for topicals for daily use or treatments to improve the quality of your skin, Gifts and Essentials’ wide range of medical grade products can help you achieve clear and glowing skin.
We provide products for every type of skin. With treatments developed for aging, acne, rosacea and sun protection, Gifts and Essentials provides solutions to difficult skin problems while simultaneously moisturizing and revitalizing your daily look.